Professional development at Facilities and Services
Forms & templates
- Online travel form
- F&S Application for Professional development (docx 56KB)
- Fringe benefit tax declaration form (docx 47KB)
ANU Career development information
The Facilities and Services Division is committed to the attraction, development and retention of our workforce, through the provision of high quality, structured learning and development programs aimed at building and strengthening the capabilities of our people.
Professional Development applications will be considered on the basis that the professional development program:
- Will enable the staff member to achieve outcomes set out in the F&S Divisional Plan and work area Business plan.
- Is mandatory or essential to assist the staff member to perform their job to a standard required.
- Provides skills and/or knowledge which are expected to be of continuing value to the Division.
- Will assist the employee's career development.
It is important to discuss and document professional development training needs and interests, agree on the training and development required, and have this documented in a current Performance and Development Review (PDR). A current/approved PDR must accompany all Professional Development Applications.
F&S Professional development application and approval process
A F&S Professional Development Application (docx 56KB) must be completed for activities where there is any cost involved. This includes:
- ANU internal courses
- Statutory training
- Professional membership or licence renewals
- Conferences or seminars
- Other training or development activities
Please submit your application as per the Professional Development Process (pdf 498KB). The professional development activity should not be booked or paid for until the submission and approval of this application.
Professional staff endowment fund
Funding for professional development is also available through the University's Professional Staff Development Endowment Fund (PSDEF) and the Professional Staff Scholarship Scheme (PSSS).